7.Drink plenty of water:
This point can not be stressed enough. Drinking more water relieves muscle tension and thus, helps to avoid such kind of pain and let’s not forget the zillion other benefits that drinking water can help your body with.
All these steps along with a good body posture will definitely keep neck pain at bay. Also, if you are a constant sufferer of neck pain, then do visit the doctor immediately as ignoring it any further may even lead to muscle deformities.
7. NECK STRETCHES
What to do:
- To perform a front neck stretch, slowly bend your chin down to your chest and hold the position for 15 seconds. Then lift your head back to the starting position. After this, bend your head backwards and hold the pose for 15 seconds as well. Repeat the exercise 10 times from both positions.
- To do a side neck stretch, tilt your head directly to the left, drawing your left ear towards your left shoulder. Hold the position for 30 seconds, then return to the initial position and repeat the stretch with the other side. Do a total amount of 10 repetitions.
Results: Neck stretches will help you restore proper alignment as well as prevent muscle tightness and pain in the neck.
BONUS: HOW TO USE YOUR PHONE CORRECTLY
- Keep your device at eye level. When using your phone, instead of lowering your head forward, try to keep a neutral spine so that your ears are in line with your shoulders.
- Take a break every 20-30 minutes. If you’re going to spend a long period of time working with your device, don’t forget to take frequent breaks. Just get up and walk around, or do some neck stretches from time to time.
- Always pay attention to your posture. Remind yourself to check the way you’re holding your head and correct it as frequently as possible. You’ll get used to keeping your chin parallel to the floor with time.
- Go hands-free whenever you can. Try to avoid looking down at your device all the time – turn your voice into messages with the help of talk-to-text apps instead of typing and use a Bluetooth headset instead of talking to your friends in an ordinary way.
- Use the Text Neck app. This intuitive application will help you detect bad posture that causes neck pain and improve it immediately.